Saturday, November 24, 2012

You’re Unbelievable

You know me.  I don't hold grudges.  I never burn bridges.

When you came knocking at my door, I opened it once again.  With the aches and pains long forgotten, I accepted you anew.


Time heals all wounds, and that's what I've held on to for quite a while.  So in spite of all the warning signs around me, I chose to hear you like old friends do.


The haze has cleared, and I could see clearly now.  You never changed a bit; not a single cell in your persona evolved.  When I thought difficulties would mold a better person out of us, it may not hold true for you.


It pains me to know that you still live under a blanket of lies and deceit.  You juggle yourself in a world of fabricated stories where you are the knight in shining armor, I am your damsel in distress, and the rest are just plain old villains and witches.


You skated on thin ice.


You do not have to prove anything to me any more.  I've known you too well.  I have seen the real hue of your flesh.  When my only hope was to bring you back into the light, you just kept on treading water in the dark.  It is a very perilous pursuit.  Since you've been a master of disguise, you have successfully permeated my shield. 


But I'm smarter now.


I am tired of this masquerade.


Quit playing games with me because I am now versed with the tricks of the trade, and I learned them only from the best...  I learned them all from YOU.


You're simply unbelievable.



No comments:

Post a Comment